Shambhala Training Level 4 - Awakened Heart
Developed by Chogyam Trungpa in 1976, Shambhala Training offers teachings based the vision that every human being has a natural source of innate wakefulness that we can discover, cultivate and express in our life.
This path is open to anyone seeking to develop gentleness and strength through meditation. Shambhala Training is a series of contemplative workshops suited for both beginning and experienced meditators. The simple and profound technique of mindfulness and awareness that is used can benefit people of any spiritual tradition and way of life.
Meditation practice helps us to examine our states of mind without trying to change them. This practice encourages openness to oneself and what’s around us. It transforms the way we habitually see our life and our world. Our old habits and patterns become more transparent, leaving room for a more direct appreciation of situations.
The “Heart of Warriorship" curriculum consists of five weekend programs that include meditation training and practice, talks by senior instructors, personal interviews and group discussions.
Levels I-V provide a strong foundation in mindfulness-awareness meditation practice, emphasizing the development of genuineness, confidence, humour, and dignity within the complexity of daily life.
Level IV: Awakened Heart
With trust in basic goodness and daring to experience the sharp edge of reality, we move forward with gentleness, increased awareness, and inquisitiveness about the world, as it is. We can extend ourselves to others fully and with kindness.
In the program: walking and sitting meditation, talks, silent periods, group discussions. The program is taught in French, translation to English is available upon request 2 months in advance.
Prerequisite: Shambhala Level III.
This program starts on Saturday 24th September at 9:00 and ends Sunday 25th September at 17:00after the festive tea break.
• The standard price of 155€ is all-inclusive: program + accommodation Saturday evening + meals.
• If you have a long trip, it is possible to arrive Friday evening. We propose the price of 25,50 € for the extra night (standard accomodation) and dinner.
• If you choose not to sleep and dine here the Saturday evening, the price of the program is 124€ (program+ meals Saturday and Sunday noon).
For students and unemployed
Shambhala Training offers a solid foundation to make meditation a part of everyday life and we’d like to make it accessible to all.
We propose the reduced all-inclusive price of 50€ for students and the unemployed (program + accommodation Saturday evening + meals.
Without accommodation, we propose the price of 26,50€ (program + meals).
Price of your stay
Standard price: global tarif including the program fee, full board comprising standard accommodation (dormitory) and organic meals. Room tax non included: (0,20 € per night and per person).
Discounted price: 25% reduction on the standard price for people with monthly net income below 1200 €. Room tax non included: (0,20 € per night and per person).
- You may select a single or double room during online registration (if available, we’ll confirm by mail after registration).
- Shuttle transport or taxi (all year round) and child care options (July/August) are available.
- The insurance covering you during your stay (third party liability) is included in the yearly required membership fee for the Association Shambhala Europe (15 €).
We would like finances not to be a barrier to your participation. If needed, Dechen Chöling can propose several financial assistance options (monthly payment, scholarship…).
Do not hesitate to contact us: email@example.com