Traditional Chinese Qigong - Tendon Changing / Marrow Washing and Animal Forms
Cultivate body and mind simultaneouly
Taoist qigong is a spiritual discipline that cultivates body and mind simultaneously.
This retreat combines two intermediate stages of the nine stage path of Taoist Qigong with Eva Wong, from the Primordial Limitless Gate School (Xiantianwujimen) and Standing Qigong (Yiquan Zhangzhuan).
Traditional Chinese Qigong Tendon-Changing and Marrow-Washing Intensive
Talk: The Warrior Qigong Lineage and Practice
The Tendon-Changing and Marrow-Washing Intensive is an intermediate qigong program that focuses on further strengthening of the muscularskeletal system - tendons, bones, joints, muscles, ligaments, and spine.
In this program students will learn:
- The Eight Basic Wudang Warrior Qigong Forms. These qigong postures were used traditionally by the warrior Daoist monks of Wudang Shan monastery to build muscular-skeletal strength and endurance for the practice of the martial arts.
- To apply the 12 devas and Animal Forms specifically to regain tendon strength and elasticity, revitalize bone marrow, and build endurance by enhancing bone and tendon strength.
- To apply selective forms from the Immortals’ Guide to Self-Massage and Breath Regulation and the Red Phoenix Calisthenics that use breath regulation and control to direct internal energy toward healing and enhancing the muscular-skeletal system.
The prerequisite for Tendon-Changing and Marrow-Washing is Levels 1-5.
This program is a prerequisite for Traditional Chinese Qigong Level 6 and the Breath Regulation Intensive and Standing Qigong Intensive.
Traditional Chinese Qigong Animal Forms Intensive
Talk: The Shamanic Origins of Qigong
Many Daoist qigong forms are derived from observing the behavior of animals and understanding how animals preserve, collect, transform, circulate, and store internal energy. The ancient Chinese shamans were the first to practice the art of “becoming” an animal to embody the power of that animal.
The techniques of embodying animal energy were developed further by Daoist practitioners as ways of enhancing health and longevity.
In this program students will learn:
- to embody the form and essences of the animals through Hua Tu’s Animal Forms, the Wudang Five Animal Forms, and selected forms from the 12 devas.
- A new Wudang Shan form, the Combined Five Animals, will be introduced.
The goal of the program is to train practitioners to embody the essence of the bones of the tiger, the tendons of the leopard, the spine of the snake and the dragon, the ligaments of the monkey, the stamina of the bear, the generative energy of the deer, and the vital energy of the crane.
The prerequisite for Animal Forms Intensive is Levels 1-5 and Tendon-Changing Intensive.
This program is a prerequisite for Traditional Chinese Qigong Level 6.
Program starts Thursday 28 September, 8pm and ends Monday October 2, 6pm.
If you have a long trip, it is possible to stay till Tuesday. We propose the price of 28,50€ for the extra night (basic accommodation) and meal.
Attendance during the whole session is important to apply for the next level.
This program is taught in English. Translation into French or other languages are available at no extra costs. Please give us notice of your request as early as possible, so that we can provide translation service.
Eva Wong, author and translator of 13 books on the Taoist arts of health, meditation and qigong, is the 19th-generation lineage carrier of Xiantianwujimen Taoism and 3rd-generation student of Wang Xiangzhai, founder of the Yiquan martial arts and Zhangshuan (standing qigong).
Price of your stay
|Early Bird||486 euro|
Standard price: global tarif including the program fee, full board comprising standard accommodation (dormitory) and organic meals. Room tax non included: (0,20 € per night and per person).
Discounted price: 25% reduction on the standard price for people with monthly net income below 1200 €. Room tax non included: (0,20 € per night and per person).
Early Bird: 10% reduction on the standard price for registration paid in full two months prior to the start of the program, i.e. before 28 July 2017. You cannot combine this with the discounted option. Room tax non included: (0,20 € per night and per person).
- You may select a single or double room during online registration (if available, we’ll confirm by mail after registration).
- Shuttle transport or taxi (all year round) and child care options (July/August) are available.
- The insurance covering you during your stay (third party liability) is included in the yearly required membership fee for the Association Shambhala Europe (15 €).
We would like finances not to be a barrier to your participation. If needed, Dechen Chöling can propose several financial assistance options (monthly payment, scholarship…).
Do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org