In times of pandemic, worldwide environmental destruction, and social disintegration, one can easily be overcome by feelings of disconnection, helplessness, resignation, and paralysis.
The text entitled The Thirty-Seven Practices of a Bodhisattva, by the 14th-century monk Ngulchu Thogme Sangpo, provides clear insights on how to work with such challenges and turn around seemingly intractable situations. It points to the skillful means that bring us the strength of heart to work with difficult circumstances while being of benefit to others.
Studying the text
Here are 2 good translations of the text, available online for free.
1) Ken McLeod’s translation on his website: unfettered mind:
2) The Lotsawa House translation:
For further resources, consult:
- The Heart of Compassion by Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.
- Reflections on Silver River by Ken McLeod
- The 37 Practices of a Bodhisattva: Commentary By Khenpo Tsultrim Gyamtso Rinpoche (which can also be downloaded for free.)
Arrival day: Saturday, 27 April.You are invited to arrive at 4 p.m. to check in and settle into your room. Dinner is served at 6:45.
End of programme: Thursday, 02 May.
Closing circle and banquet in the evening.
Departure day: Friday, 03 May.
No programme. You are welcome to stay for breakfast.
|Patron||458 €||Help support lower income participants|
|Early Bird||298 €||Expires 27 January 2024 |
|Under 30 years of age||175 €|
If you require financial assistance to attend this programme please contact [email protected].
- Regular: this is the regular price for participating in the programme. Occasionaly (if specified in the programme description), there may be an additional fee for materials, to be paid upon arrival.
- Patron: for those who can offer more than the regular price, your generosity in paying the Patron Price helps cover the costs for others who are not able to pay the full programme price and provides support to Dechen Chöling.
- Early Bird: 15% discount on the regular programme price is possible only if you register and pay the total cost of your stay upfront, 3 months prior to the start of the programme, i.e. before 27 January 2024. You cannot combine this with the reduced price option.
- Under 30 years of age: 50% reduction on the regular programme price for persons under 30 years at the start of the programme.
Accommodation: the standard accommodation we provide is in a dormitory for the winter and a furnished two-person tent in the summer. Extra fees for room upgrades can be paid upon arrival. Additionally, room tax will be charged at 0.20 € per person, per night.
See the full price list
Note: participation in any programme offered by the association of Dechen Chöling requires you to be up-to-date with the association’s annual fee (15 €), which can be settled upon arrival.